FIRST SCOTLAND EAST ANNOUNCE IMPROVEMENTS TO FORTH VALLEY SERVICES
- Improved links for students across the Forth Valley.
- Direct links to Stirling Community Hospital (Stirling Care Village) from Bannockburn, Cowie and St Ninian’s.
- Improvements to Stirling University’s Uni Link services based on consultations with the University staff and students.
- Additional links to University from the Hillfoots at peak times during term.
First Scotland East are pleased to announce service improvements on it’s Forth Valley network following feedback from Customers, Stakeholders and following attendance at various local community meetings.
The First Scotland East team has taken on-board comments and requests, and after consulting with the relevant Local Authorities are now making further improvements to the network which are detailed below.
Following some very productive and engaging meetings with Cowie Community Council and other local stakeholders, the Service 54 will now be extended to provide a direct route to Stirling Community Hospital (now known as Stirling Care Village) on an hourly basis for most of the day covering Cowie, Bannockburn, Stirling, Cornton, Bridge of Allan and the University. There is also a revised timetable in the morning for the existing route to improve timings at the peak.
Students from Cowie, St Ninian’s and Bannockburn will also now benefit from extra journeys covering Stirling University at times of operation.
Service 55 will introduce a new term time peak only schedule to support students travelling from the Hillfoots to the University covering Tullibody, Alloa, Tillicoultry and on to the University, based on discussions with Stirling University.
Finally, Service 51 will now operate an additional evening journey from Cowie to Stirling City Centre in response to a request by Cowie Community Council. All revised changes will be effective from February 18th, 2019. Please refer to revised timetables for full details.
Andrew Jarvis, Managing Director for First Scotland East said: “We are pleased with the feedback and continued support we have received from our customers across the Forth Valley and the surrounding areas over the past few months with our new simplified network.
“We hope these revisions indicate our commitment to listening to feedback and proves we are always willing to take suggestions on board from the local community. Hopefully now the local community can get behind their local bus services as we strive to continue improvements to services in the area.”
Service improvements effective from February 18th 2019:
- Service 51 – Cowie, Bannockburn, Stirling, Alloa – Revised timetable. One evening journey from Stirling to Cowie added in response to customer feedback.
- Service 54 – Cowie, Bannockburn, Stirling, Cornton, Bridge of Allan, University of Stirling – Route extended from Stirling to Cowie via Community Hospital approx. once an hour. Also revised timetable in the morning for existing section. All the changes introduced as a result of consultations and requests with customers and local councils.
- Service 55 – Tullibody, Alloa, Tillicoultry, Menstrie, University of Stirling – New peak only service introduced in response to University feedback. Service will operate during University semester.
For more information on all services and to view or print revised timetables click here: www.firstscotlandeast.com/stirling