With our next meeting fast approaching we have posted our minutes from our June meeting along with the Police report from that meeting. Copies attached.
Our AGM is to be held prior to our next general meeting on the 21st August at 7pm at the Allan Centre, Fountain Road, Bridge of Allan.
The proposed agenda is attached.
Stirling Council Have issued their July edition of the Community Newsheet. You can find it attached below.
Community Active Travel Grants has reopened. Grants are available for communities to develop, deliver and promote their own community led active travel projects including to travel by car less.
The grant aims to empower communities to make changes to paths in their area that will make it easier for people to make every day journeys by active travel such as cycling and walking. They will give priority to projects that: improve paths so it’s easier for people to use them and be more physically
active; show people where active travel routes are; provide opportunities and encourage people in communities to work together. The grant will fund active travel routes to schools, to places of work, other popular places within towns and routes that help connect communities.
Funding can be used to:
- develop new paths and upgrade existing paths making them more suitable for active travel
- hire a contractor, plant and machinery
- purchase tools and equipment that volunteers can use to maintain active travel routes within their communities
- install signage and way markers to promote active travel routes
- produce new leaflets or promotional materials focusing on active travel routes
- produce interpretation panels that promote active travel routes
The next deadline is on the 6th of July 2018. For more information or to apply visit
Stirling Council have issued their June Community newsheet. It is attached below.